U-Dictionary is an Offline First app and provides access to all unique features such as Tap to Translate offline as well. You can see a quick presentation here:
- Tap to Translate from Anywhere. U-Dictionary can be used anywhere, including in WhatsApp conversation windows. Simply tap on a word or sentence, copy it and you will get the meaning without leaving your conversation.
- Comprehensive Offline Dictionary. U-Dictionary can translate from English to 26 other languages and vice-versa. Translate from English to German/French/Italian/Hindi (10 languages) plus many more, including the reputable Collins Advanced and WordNet English dictionaries. All available offline, one tap away.
- Quick Translate. For accessibility purposes you can simply swipe down the notification bar to see a translate search box. This lets you quickly find the meaning of a word. As you type you get word suggestions for faster use, and you can also easily switch between dictionaries.
- Exhaustive Word Reports. For each translated word not only you’ll be able to hear it in a perfect English pronunciation, but also you’ll get advanced reports. See its synonyms, usage in sample sentences and phrases, cognate words and even the web definition.
- Learn New Words. Use U-Dictionary to add new words you want to learn to your list of Favourite words (grouped by category). See the daily words & quotes of the day, read articles to help you learn new languages better and even take quizzes to test your knowledge.
U-Dictionary is developed by Youdao, a subsidiary of NetEase, which was one of the Top 3 highest grossing mobile publishers globally in 2016.