“My WiFi” lets you know when you’re connected to a WiFi network, disconnected or even roam between WiFi access points (paid version). When you are connected to a WiFi network, a full set of details appear, such as speed, max speed, signal strength, external IP, router’s manufacturer’s name, how long have you been connected to this WiFi network and a lot more. When you’re disconnected, the app will tell you when the last time you were connected and which network was your last.
Here’s a list of features that “My WiFi Free” gives you access to:
- Helps detect problems with your Wi-Fi connection thus allowing you to troubleshoot and find solutions
- Shows icon with notifications regarding your connection and lets you customize what data is visible
- Supports new 802.11ad 60 Ghz standard, shows channel and frequency on top of 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz as well
- Shows maximum speed for your current connection and time since connection started/stopped
- Sounds alerts for Wi-Fi events and possibility to log those events for better troubleshooting