WannaCry Ransomware attack (also known as WannaCrypt, WanaCrypt0r 2.0, Wanna Decryptor) was one of the most vicious ransomware attacks affecting 300,000 computers globally. However, it affected only Windows-based systems, so WannaCry doesn’t affect Android-powered smartphones.
Since Android suffers from segmentation and there are a lot of old versions still being used on smartphones. This means that Android could be hit next by a ransomware similar to WannaCry. Again, WannaCry doesn’t affect Android users, but it’s better to be safe than sorry thus I highly recommend an antivirus to protect against ransomware attacks on Android.
Hi Security does all that while being almost invisible in terms of resource usage, with a lightweight footprint on your battery as well. You can see a quick overview of it here:
- Word-class Antivirus Engine. Hi Security is powered by one of the leaders in the industry, McAfee. Using a cloud-based anti virus database you’ll be protected in realtime from viruses, malware, ransomware or any kind of threat.
- Lock Your Apps. We all have sensitive apps on our phones (i.e. banking apps) and Hi Security offers an extra protection in this case, the ability to lock certain apps. You’ll be able to lock using fingerprint, password, pattern or PIN.
- Energy-Efficient & Lightweight. It literally takes only a few seconds to scan your phone and find possible threats. Furthermore, due to its hybrid scanning engine the footprint on your phone’s memory and battery use will be minimal.
- b. Public WiFi is dangerous as hackers might intercept your connection. Hi Security protects from insecure public WiFi by detecting DNS/SSL hijacking and ARP spoofing. You can also test the WiFi speed & detect WiFi intruders.
- One-tap Privacy Cleaner. With a simple tap you can clean up your browsing history from all installed browsers. It will also clear your phone’s clipboard history, to avoid revealing sensitive information.
Hi Security has multi-language support and it is completely free, without ads or in-app purchases.