Ever played a towerless tower defense game? You can in Cereus, a game that even jaded tower defense fans have called fresh. It stands out from the genre with a unique, minimalist but deep gameplay. Best described as a cross between Tower Defense, Geometry Wars, and Asteroids, Cereus feels like a retro game with modern touches, specifically designed for touch screens. The dream of the 80s is alive in Cereus!
Defend your base through dozens of carefully crafted levels, fight challenging bosses, and collect skill points to upgrade your defensive abilities. There’s no overbearing tutorial, no social integration, just pure pick-up-and-play gaming for the fun of playing, not bragging. You can see it in action here:
- Tower defense gameplay. Cereus features unique tower defense where your fingers act as the towers. You must defend your base in the center of the game area by using different abilities to destroy hordes of enemies.
- Simple touch controls. You can destroy enemies by simply tapping to inflict damage, long pressing to unleash bombs or swiping to create reflective barriers.
- Upgrade your skills. Collect points in levels to gain skill points that are then used in a multi-focus skill grid to power up a specific ability.
- Dozens of carefully designed levels. Cereus features 37 levels arranged in pyramid worlds that gradually increase in difficulty. The higher you climb the pyramid, the tougher the levels. At the peak of each pyramid a powerful boss waits.
- Minimalist design. Enjoy a beautiful and minimalist design with a “hint” of neon-like graphics. Forget useless eye-candy, in Cereus you’ll have a retro-inspired Arcade game experience.